Conference Venues in Porirua
This page highlights the wide range of facilities in Porirua City available to host conferences, weddings, exhibitions, sporting events and shows 'with-a-difference'.
For your next event in Porirua, try incorporating our innovative range of team building exercises:
- Adrenalin Forest will put put your team 'out-on-the-edge'.
- Undertake a creative art class at Pataka Museum of Arts and Cultures,
- Create a sporting competition at Te Rauparaha Arena; or
- Build an exercise on our fabulous cycle and walkways.
- Take your team on a fishing trip.
- Learn conservation values on a trip to Kapiti Island from nearby Paraparaumu.
List of Conference Venues
Built in 1882 by the pioneer business magnate, James Gear, the Homestead offers an unrivalled blend of elegance, history, privacy and practicality.
From its ornately worked porches and flowing lawns, the view of Porirua’s sparkling twin harbours is breathtaking. Nestled among 4 hectares of rose gardens and flowering shrubs, protected from the winds by a magnificent stand of historic pines, Gear Homestead is an unforgettable picture.
Gear Homestead offers a picturesque setting; a photographers delight for wedding ceremonies and Special Events. It's also a popular venue for seminars and team building days.
- 80 guests - Formal seated dinner;
- 100 guests - Standing cocktail function.
- 50 guests - Classroom style conference.
- 80 guests - Theatre style conference.
The Homestead has several smaller break-out areas and smaller rooms for board meetings. On-site catering offers a wide range of menus to suit all occasions.
Large lawn areas surrounding the homestead offer plenty of space for outdoor activities; try the petanque and croquet sets.
Adjoining Gear Homestead is the Adrenalin Forest – perhaps New Zealand's most innovative team building venue.
Phone: (04) 237 8540
Webpage: Gear Homestead
Pataka Museum of Arts and Cultures
Pataka has a range of rooms and facilities in a modern sophisticated environment. AV equipment, digital whiteboards, public address equipment, are available.
- Pataka Spine Atrium and Japanese Garden
- Meeting Room - Capacity seated 80 / standing 100, AV equipment, digital whiteboards, public address equipment
- Performing Arts Studio
- Pataka Education Space - Capacity 30 people.
- Bottle Creek Room – Board Room for 14 people.
Phone: (04) 237 1511
Webpage: Pataka - Facilities for Hire
Te Rauparaha Arena
Located in the heart of Porirua's central business district, adjacent to Pataka Museum of Arts and Cultures, and the Porirua Library.
The range of facilities includes:
Mana Community Grants Stadium (2,495 square metres) - heart of the Arena with a floor space equivalent to 3 full size courts. It can be configured to cater for:
- Sporting events seating up to 2000 people
- Exhibitions holding 420 booths of 3m x 2m
- Concerts seating up to 3000 people
- Banquets seating up to 1500 people
The Main Stadium has acoustic ceiling panels, a high quality audio system, two banks of retractable seating and six exits onto Te Rauparaha Park for indoor/outdoor events.
NZCT Stadium (857 square metres) can be configured for:
- Sporting events seating up to 80 people
- Banquets seating up to 300 people
- Exhibitions holding 140 booths of 3m x 2m
- Concerts seating up to 500 people
Meeting Rooms 1 + 2 - 44 square metres each and separated by a retractable screen. Each room can cater:
- 20 people boardroom style, or
- 40 people for theatre style seating.
More FM Dance Studio has a sprung floor of 132 square metres for use as:
- Hospitality Area
- Fitness Studio
- Meeting Space
Theatre - ideal for lectures, forums, presentations and video screening sessions with a high performance LCD projector, a full audio system and tiered seating for up to 80 people.
All facilities are fitted with air-conditioning and excellent lighting. The gymnasium spaces have ceiling mounted heating and full audio capabilities. Adjacent free parking. Preferred suppliers can provide any additional services required.
Phone: (04) 237 1521
Webpage: Te Rauparaha Arena
Aotea Lodge overlooks Porirua harbour and is just 20 minutes by motorway from downtown Wellington.
Aotea Lodge has four star accommodation and restaurant catering, as well as three well equipped conference rooms available for group workshop training. A range of audio visual equipment including data projection is available, as well as on-site parking and catering by request.
|Harbour View Room
Phone: (04) 237 4257
Webpage: Conference Venues at Aotea
The Lodge Pauatahanui
The Lodge at the Inlet caters for small business meetings in a board room environment to larger corporate events for 200 seated theatre style. With 4 separate conference venues in a picturesque and historic setting The Lodge also caters for unique weddings and a wide range of private functions.
Vue – A small, intimate, elegant and sophisticated meeting venue. Seats 20 meeting style, or 40 for dining.
Harbour Vue – Caters for up to 100. The room can be split to meet breakout requirements.
The Stables - will accommodate 200 seated, or 300 for a stand up cocktail function or pre-conference finger foods. The Stables offers separate facilities, gorgeous decking, and open fire during winter with separate bar and food service arrangements.
Boardroom – Seats up to 20 boardroom style in a comfortable and private setting, this discrete venue is in a separate part of the Lodge complex.
Phone: (04) 237 9007
Enquiries Webform: http://www.thelodgevenue.co.nz/enquiries
Webpage: Conferences at The Lodge
Google Location Map
The Eukanuba Wellington Events Centre (NZKC)
Located at Prosser Street, Elsdon (only 2 minutes from the Porirua central business district).
Suitable for events, meetings, conferences and work functions:
- Great indoor location
- Kitchen facilities
- Chairs available for hire
- Low cost competitive rates
- Campervan parking
- Ample vehicle parking
- 3000 square metres of space
- Variety of spaces available - mezzanine, side hall, main arena or whole building
- Close to public transport
- Suitable for indoor sports tournaments and functions, art and craft fairs, model train exhibitions, hot rod classic cars, merchandise sales
Contact the Events Manager on (04) 237 4489, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the NZ Kennel Club website for more information.
Deltech - Conference/Meeting Room Facilities
Deltech Equipment Services Ltd
Unit 22, 2-4 Northpoint St
Phone (04) 233 0359 or 027 283 9604
Contact Robyn Hall
Conference room hire: $150 per day or $30 per hour (plus GST)
Seats 12 at tables
Room includes: Data Projector, tables (four that can be configured together or separately), chairs, whiteboard
Catering is possible by arrangement: confirmation of food requirements must be made within 7 days of the booking. We use a local cafe.
Coffee: $4 per cup, Tea $2 per cup.
All prices exclusive of GST.
Note: Carparking is only available on Northpoint Street, not in the carpark area.
Rates for cancellation of confirmed booking are:
20% of booking cost if cancellation is within 30 days of intended starting date
40% of booking cost if cancellation is within 14 days of intended starting date
All prices are subject to change without notice for unconfirmed bookings.
Download and print Deltech Conference/Meeting Room Facilities flyer. (50KB pdf)