Liquor Licensing Fees
This page sets out the fees payable for liquor licence and managers certificate applications under the Sale of Liquor Act 1989.
These fees are set by government regulation.
- The only exceptions to this are the 'Sale of Liquor (SOL) Compliance Certificate' and 'Application for Redefinition and Assessment of BYO Liquor applications for functions being held in Council-owned community hall' fees which were set by resolution of the Council at its Te Komiti meeting held on 24 May 2012 (item #37/12) (21KB pdf) and adopted by Council at its meeting held on 30 May 2012 (item #201/12) (17KB pdf).
- All fees are GST inclusive unless otherwise stated.
- They are payable when the application is filed with the Council (District Licensing Agency).
- Payment may be made by cash, cheque or Eftpos.
Other costs on application may include:
* These fees are set by Statute (under the Sale of Liquor Regulations 1990). The new fees include un-rounded cents. Where payments are made in cash and if the full amount includes odd cents, then the amount paid in cash will be rounded down to the nearest $0.10 cents.
** To recover costs as provided for under the Local Government Act 2002.