Vehicle Kerb Crossings
This page outlines the requirements and specifications for constructing vehicle kerb crossings in Porirua City.
Standards for vehicle crossing construction
- A properly constructed vehicle crossing is required for all residential and commercial properties that require vehicle access from a road across a kerb, berm or road frontage.
- The property owner is responsible for constructing this to Council specifications (see below to download files).
- Your options are to:
- include the crossing in your building work contract
- construct the crossing yourself
- employ a qualified contractor to do it for you
- employ the Council maintenance contractor to do it for you (contact phone number is 04 568 5092).
Conditions for vehicle crossing construction
No matter who is going to construct the vehicle crossing, the following conditions are to be met:
- The vehicle crossing should comply with the Council Specification and Plans (see below to download files)
- The Council is to be notified when the work starts and finishes
- The Contractor will be responsible for repairing, at his own expense, and to the satisfaction of the Council Roading Engineer any damages that might result from the construction of the vehicle crossing
- You are advised to report any existing damage to the road surface, kerb and channel, footpath, and any other assets before you start. This could include photos or any other clear evidence.
Links to more information and files
Plans (pdf files)