Moving to Porirua City

This page describes where to get information and referral services for new migrants.

For new migrants

As a new migrant seeking settlement information, you can:

  • visit the website and specifically the page for the Wellington region
  • call 0508 558 855 (press 2 if you wish to speak to someone)
  • email
  • visit the Porirua Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), located on 2nd Floor, Pember House, 16 Hagley Street, Porirua; Mon - Fri 9.00am - 4.30pm, phone 237 8846. The CAB is the local provider of the Face to face Settlement Information Service in 30 locations throughout New Zealand). The CAB Language Link service is also available if you want to use your own language.

For employers

For information for your new migrant employee, you can:

  • encourage new migrant employees to access the information described above
  • learn about the most effective way to welcome and settle in your new migrant employees to your workplace, and your local community by accessing the free resources available from If you need more than 10 printed copies, you can email
  • contact Relationship Managers – Migrant Skills Retention who will be working in your area. Relationship Managers will work with sector and regional organisations, to assist with planning for and retaining the migrant skills your business needs.

Links to more information

Information about local community support, regional and national organisations and services can be found under the following categories: