Employment and Career Services
Porirua City has various different service providers who offer advice and information about employment.
- Job Mentor Service offers one-to-one employment support to skilled migrants and refugees from non-English speaking backgrounds
- Partners Porirua provides opportunities for students to undertake special projects with socially responsible businesses
- Porirua City Training Centre is a private training establishment that provides courses recognized by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA), Work Based Training and Computer Applications
- The Learning Shop works with young people to gain entry into work or education
- Volunteer Porirua A good way to get involved in the community is to volunteer. Volunteer Porirua lists voluntary roles from over 80 local not-for-profit organisations including administration, childcare, elderly support, education, art and culture, sport and more. Our roles are available to both individual volunteers and for employer-based community volunteering projects.
- Work and Income New Zealand (WINZ) can help you with your search for work and offers assistance to people in New Zealand with Permanent Residence or Refugee Status.