Family and Children
New migrants and people with refugee status can access the services of the following family focussed services in Porirua City;
- Porirua Whanau Centre - culturally appropriate and integrated service to enhance the health, social, educational and economic well-being of children and families.
- Family Planning - provision of sexuality and relationship education.
- Plunket Well child and parenting advice for children up to the age of 5.
- Relationships Aotearoa - helping people adjust to changes in their lives.
- Whanau Kotahi or Family Start - improve life outcomes for children whose social and family circumstances are put at risk.
- Mana Education Centre - a Professional Development Programme for Early Childhood, Primary and Secondary teachers.