Who are we?
Family Planning Education Service is part of the Family Planning Service with a focus on education and health promotion.
What do we do?
We support schools, professionals and communities in the provision of sexuality and relationship education. We run workshops and training in Schools - all sessions are designed to meet the requirements of the Health and Physical education curriculum.
Family Planning offers education services to meet your requirements for:
- Student-centred, interactive approaches
- Parent education
- Consultation meetings with Boards of Trustees
- Advice on resources
- Programme development and ongoing support
- Teacher training
Early Childhood, Primary and Intermediate programmes include "Feeling Special-Feeling Safe" and "Puberty."
Secondary School age and ability appropriate programmes (mainstream, disabled, ESOL and international) including:
- Relationship skills
- Anatomy and physiology
- Conception and birth
- Safer sex, contraception and sexually transmissible diseases
- Problem solving, decision making, and communication skills
- Sexual orientation
- Resisting sexual pressure
- Peer education programmes
- Professional training
Community Training including:
- Menopause workshops
- Talking with your children about puberty, sexuality and relationships
- Peer education projects
- Post-natal sexuality and contraception
- Sexuality and relationship workshops for people with disabilities
- Information displays
- Family Planning provides pamphlets and booklets free of charge
Where can you find us?
Family Planning Education and Health Promotion Services
Level 7 203-207 Willis Street
Telephone: (04) 384 4349 and ask for Health Promotion