Wellington Regional Strategy
This page provides information on the Wellington Regional Strategy, a sustainable economic growth strategy set up to enhance the region performance.
Porirua City Council is one of nine local councils in the region working with central government, business and education, research and voluntary sector interests to support the Strategy.
The Strategy aims to build a resilient, diverse economy – one that retains and creates jobs, supports the growth of high value companies and improves the region’s position in relation to the national GDP and national employment.
The Wellington Regional Strategy offers a long term strategic vision centred around six focus areas:
- Commercialisation of innovation
- Investment mechanisms for growth
- Building world-class infrastructure
- Attracting business, investment and talent to the region
- Education and workforce development to service regional economy needs
- Open for business
Grow Wellington is the regional economic development agency charged with the task of implementing the main economic initiatives of the Strategy.
Links to more information