This page has the privacy statement for all Porirua City Council websites.
12 information privacy principles
The Privacy Act sets out 12 information privacy principles dealing with the collection, holding, use and disclosure of personal information, and the assigning of unique identifiers. The principles also give you a right to access information about yourself and to ask for it to be corrected. In outline the 12 principles are:
- Purpose of collection of personal information.
- Source of personal information.
- Collection of information from subject.
- Manner of collection of personal information.
- Storage and Security of personal information.
- Access to personal information.
- Correction of personal information.
- Accuracy, etc., of personal information to be checked before use.
- Agency not to keep personal information for longer than necessary.
- Limits on use of personal information.
- Limits on disclosure of personal information.
- Unique identifiers.
The Act applies to the Porirua City Council in its role as an agency. In compliance with The Act, the Porirua City Council holds certain information about ratepayers and residents of Porirua City. This information is required for lawful purposes used in the functioning of the Porirua City Council. This information is sourced in accordance with principle 2 of The Act.
For more detailed information please refer to The Privacy Act 1993 and its amendments, or the Privacy Commissioner's website.
If you wish to view any personal information held by the Porirua City Council, please phone (04) 237 5089 or email email@example.com.