Contact Porirua City Council
This page has contact information for Porirua City Council, how to report a problem, make a request, lodge an official complaint, or give feedback or praise. There's also a list of other important numbers for the public to use.
Our Contact Details
Contact Telephone: +64 (04) 237 5089, 24 hours 7 days
Fax: +64 (04) 237 6384
Business Hours: Monday to Friday - 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, except Thursdays, 9 am - 5 pm
Weekends and Public Holidays - Closed
Porirua City Council
P O Box 50218
Porirua City Council
16 Cobham Court
Location Map: View our printable location map, or search on Google - 16 Cobham Court, Porirua.
Report a Problem or Make a Request
The Porirua City Council operates a Contact Centre which provides a professional and friendly first point of phone contact for Council services. Services provided by the Contact Centre include:
- completing reports of problems or requests for service, for example:
- street lights
- vegetation clearing
- damaged or missing items
- blocked or leaking water pipes
- rubbish or recycling issues
- completing requests for general information
- completing requests for specific services or information such as rates, building inspections, animal control, hall bookings, Gear Homestead bookings
- transferring calls to Council staff
Making an Official Complaint
Porirua City Council has a Customer Complaints Procedure, and a special form for lodging official complaints.
Examples of possible complaints are:
- Taking too long or failing to take action on a customer request
- Council staff or contractors not following policy or procedures
- A council service has failed to meet a service level time frame
- A council service is substandard
- The conduct of council staff or a contractor towards a customer has been unsatisfactory
Giving Feedback or Praise
Customers and members of the public may also give general feedback or praise about the Council and its operations. We love to hear what we are doing well, or if you have any suggestions as to what we can do better.
Other Important Numbers
- 24 hour Sports InfoLine: 0800 237 150. Closure of grounds is also announced on the Newstalk ZB radio station.
- Book a building site inspection: Phone Council's dedicated "Inspection Hotline" (04) 237 3844.
- Report dead, injured or straying marine animals: Department of Conservation freephone 0800 362 469
- Report animal abuse, mistreatment or malnourishment: RSPCA (04) 389 8044