Local Cycling Groups
This page describes local cycling groups and cycling advocates in the Porirua and Wellington area.
Cycling groups in Porirua
Mana Cycle Group
A Porirua wide group who work to promote and advocate for cycling in all its forms within the region. Contact Details: See their Facebook page for more information.
New Zealand Green Bike Trust
The New Zealand Green Bike Trust aims to provide sustainable and affordable transport in the form of new and recycled bicycles.
The key goals of the Trust are:
- Transforming Porirua into a city of cyclists
- Providing environmentally sustainable transport
- Promoting the benefits of cycling
This is achieved by the following activities:
- Recycling bikes for the community
- Providing rental bikes for tertiary students
- Providing a trailer and bikes for rent
- Providing a Business Rental Programme
Contact Details: Email: email@example.com
Web Page: http://www.nzgreenbikes.co.nz/
Mail Address: New Zealand Green Bike Trust, PO Box 50122, Porirua City.
Cycling groups in Wellington Region
Cycling in Wellington is a community-oriented website that exists for the sole purpose of encouraging people to ride bikes and have fun doing it.
Web page: http://www.bikewellington.co.nz/
Cycle Aware Wellington
A group dedicated to making cycling in Wellington enjoyable.
Web page: http://can.org.nz/wellington/