Proposed District Plan Change 15 - Historic Heritage
The Council has prepared a proposed plan change to the district plan to ensure Porirua's heritage is managed in an effective, practical and specific way for the benefit of current and future generations of Porirua residents. The proposed plan change is identified within the Council's Heritage Management Strategy as a key step in achieving the sustainable management of the City's historic heritage. Proposed Plan Change 15 seeks to replace all existing heritage provisions within the district plan with a heritage-specific chapter, which includes:
- Objectives, Policies, Rules, Assessment Criteria, Matters of Control/Discretion
- Heritage Items and Statements of Significance
- District Plan Map Updates
- New Heritage Feature Listings
Information about Proposed Plan Change 15 can be viewed at:
- Porirua City Council, Administration Building, Cobham Court, Porirua City.
- Porirua Library, Cnr. Norrie and Parumoana St, Porirua.
- All Suburban libraries within the Porirua City administrative area.
Proposed Plan Change 15 Documentation:
Proposed Plan Change 15 – Historic Heritage – Timeline
- Plan Preparation - Complete
- Public Consultation - Complete (29 June to 5.00pm 3 August 2012)
- Summary of Submissions - 07/09/2012.
- Hearing - Complete 21/11/2012
- Decisions on Submissions released 26/03/2013
- Operative - To be confirmed
For further information about this proposed plan change, please contact Senior Policy Analyst Matt Muspratt either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (04) 237 3841.