Porirua Economic Bulletin – Together "Grow Porirua…"
This page describes the Porirua Economic Bulletin reports available quarterly from the Council's Economic Development Group.
Quarterly Updates now available
The publication of the Together "Grow Porirua…" Economic Bulletin is one of the Council's Economic Development Group services aimed at the business community, seeking to provide a regular overview of the Porirua economy to enable local or potential businesses or investors to mak good decisions for their business.
The Economic Bulletin was developed closely with the business sector through the Porirua Chamber of Commerce to:
- Promote economic development in Porirua
- Keep the local business community informed about the economic climate in Porirua City
- Establish stronger links with the business sector and potential investors to to encourage development and investment
- Actively support and promote local businesses
- Monitor the city's economic development strategy and action plan
- Provide economic development information to inform decision making
In conjunction with the Council's Economic Development Group, the Economic Bulletin has been prepared using the information and analysis supplied by Infometrics Ltd - an economic consulting and forecasting company. Information sources used to inform the analysis include: Statistics NZ, Ministry of Social Development, REINZ, Quotable Value NZ, Electricity Commission, and NZTA.
The Economic Bulletin reports are available in pdf format below:
- Edition 9 - March 2013 - for the year ending December 2012 (8 page 2.3MB pdf)
- Edition 8 - January 2013 - for year ending September 2012 (8 page 1.09MB pdf)
- Edition 7 - September 2012 - for year ending June 2012 (8 page 1.75MB pdf)
- Edition 6 - June 2012 - for year ending March 2012 (8 page 1.1MB pdf)
- Edition 5 - March 2012 - for year ending December 2011 (8 page 1.9MB pdf)
- Edition 4 - January 2012 - For year ending September 2011 (8 page 849KB pdf)
- Edition 3 - October 2011 - For year ending June 2011 (8 page 2.1MB pdf)
- Edition 2 - July 2011 - For year ending March 2011 (8 page 8.6MB pdf)
- Edition 1 - March 2011 - For year ending December 2010 (8 page 8.6MB pdf)